Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Have a Cool Yule Penguins

The challenge theme at Creative Card Crew this week is

Snowflakes!

Here is my first card:


I have also combined it with Papertake's Spots and Stripes theme and
the second card uses the sketch from Sketch and Stash Challenge #22:




I've a had a great time making Christmas cards today despite feeling very much under the weather.  But after a warm bath and a nice cup of hot chocolate, I was in the mood at last to make greetings for a Cool Yule.  So much so, in fact, that I broke out perhaps one of my oldest and most favorite stamps:  Three penguins from Art Impressions.  I ordered it online from Addicted to Rubber Stamps years ago, and these three still make me smile.


Materials used for these cards:

Winter Blue Snowflakes and Winter Blue Stripes from The Paper Studio
Textured cardstock from DCWV Brights 12x12 Mat Stack
Three Penguins stamp from Art Impressions #Q-3052
Image stamped in Archival Black Ink and heat-embossed with Ranger Superfine Clear Powder (the best embossing powder I've found yet)

BIC Markit Colors:
Summer Melon, Misty Blue, Hot Aqua and Margarita Green

Edge punch and Snowflake punch from Martha Stewart
Plastic Irridescent Snowflakes from Make it Christmas (Hobby Lobby)
Lime Green brads from Spare Parts
Medium white ribbon

Thanks for visiting, Happy crafting all,
and as always have a really wonderful day!

--Kathryn

7 comments:

  1. Elle est superbe cette carte, et l'image est adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Kathryn, love that penguin stamp!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, I can see why the image makes you smile, it is such a fun one. Hope you are feeling better now. Thanks for playing along at CCC this week.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are gorgeous :-) I love those penguins :-)

    Thanks for joining the Sketch and Stash and Papertake Weekly Challenges :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Kathryn, I love the way you've coloured these cute penguins!
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous cards Kathryn I love the cute penguins thanks for joining is at PTW and sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fantastic card adore the image and such great detail. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails