Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ocean Seagull Card for OWH - Featured Digi Sketch

Over a month ago I began chatting with a delightful lady known here in blogland as Nana Connie.   Her blog is Grammy's Attic.  If you are familiar with the Operation Write Home project, you will probably have run into her from time to time.  As we got talking she mentioned that she would be doing a featured card for the Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown at the end of July, and that the theme would be WATER.  I offered to do a digital sketch especially for her to use, and when I found out she loves SEAGULLS, this is what I came up with for her:


(I plan to post Connie's Seagull next Monday with the regular digital sketches)... but if you choose to save it from this post, please follow my simple Terms of Use ... thank you. :)

So now that it's official and Connie's lovely card is up and shining on the OWH page (she was very clever with her paper piecing of the image--really wonderful idea)....
I decided to play along too with the same image.
  Anyway, how could I not? ;)
Here is my card:


I'm also entering in the following:




And the following color variation for the Just Add Ink #78 challenge:





Materials Used on these Cards:
Cardstock {Papertrey Ink, DCWV}
Hand-drawn digital image {Kathryn Ritter}
Ink{Ranger}
Watercolors {Grumbacher}
Epoxy Sentiment Sticker {Fiskars}
Brads {Spare Parts by The Paper Studio}


Thank you so much to Connie for featuring my sketch in her card art, and many thanks to all of you for visiting!

18 comments:

  1. What a wonderful image and restful relaxing card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent, Kathryn! The true artistry shows through in your card. I'm so glad you posted it at the OWH challenge. Hugz, dear lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the background sky. So pretty.
    I'm one of Connie's blogging buds and after seeing her wonderful card I just had to pop over to your site (and became a follower)! LOVE all your images - they're wonderful and your blog is fabulous.
    Thanks so much for this perfect image.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have added myself as a follower too! Your digi sketches are wonderful! As is your JAI entry this week. Love how you simply altered the card stock to incorporate the challenge colours and came up with your entry. Thanks for playing at JAI ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us this week at TMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Beautiful, beautiful!! Your cards are stunning. Love the coloring. Thanks for playing with us over at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serene and beautiful! I envy you your drawing talent. Thanks for joining the CCEE Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! The digi is amazing and the card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I saw your image at OWH Stars and Stripes blog. What a beautiful image! I downloaded some of your freebies to use on my OWH cards (I don't make cards except for them!) and when I post pictures, I will make sure and give you credit. I am also going to check out your shop. Thank you so much for supporting us at OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! So glad that NanaConnie alerted us to your artwork and blog! Beautiful drawing and card. I also love your blog template & would love to know where you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful digi image and you've coloured it beautifully in the JAI challenge colours. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - so pretty - the design is lovely and the colors here are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful image for this challenge, your card is gorgeous! hanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, artistic image and just perfect for the water themed OWH Midweek Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are lovely...love the image and where you placed your brads! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am partial to the second card just because I love that shade of green. Thanks for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails