Sunday, July 3, 2011

Floral Round Thank You Card

Believe it or not, I realized while writing this post that this card is the first ROUND card I have ever posted here on Kitchen Table Crafter for you all to see.  I was clearing off my scrap pile on the table again and this is what I came up with:


For the layout I've used this week's round sketch from Mojo Monday:


Also this week Pals Paper Arts is celebrating it's 100th!  The challenge is to use one or a few of your Favorite Techniques, so I've used one of my favorites which is using X-acto cutwork (also called "fussy-cutting" from a quilting term) and then layering up the different pieces.

Also Crafty Creations Challenges have a Thank You theme.  I love to make thank you cards, and not only because they seem to be the ones I am most often using (I have a LOT to be grateful for from a LOT of wonderful people in my life!)...  It just gives me a good feeling to think of all the things I have to say "Thank You" for when I am making a gratitude card.


Materials Used on this Card:
Cardstock {Papertrey Ink}
Stamps {Fiskars, Papertrey Ink}
Black Ink and Clear Superfine Embossing Powder {Ranger}
Light green pigment ink cube {Studio G}
Scalloped circle die {Nestabilities Large Circle by Spellbinders}
Swiss dots embossing folder {ProvoCraft}
Rhinestones, Ribbon {Offray}
Butcher's twine
BIC Mark-it Markers


********************
Also, the first Tretop Monthly challenge is now up and the theme is Favorite Trees! Just make a creation inspired by your favorite tree or tree photo (use the colors, etc) and upload to the Treetop Monthly post at this link: Treetop Monthly July - Favorite Trees
I'm offering a prize package that will grow with the number of entries!
Have a great day everyone, and a wonderful 4th of July--
I'll be back tomorrow with a new free digital sketch for you and some more creations!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I hope you make more round cards ... you definitely have the knack for it! Thanks for joining in the fun at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the round card. You really did a great job on it.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful round card. Great coloring and wonderful color palette!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails