Saturday, July 31, 2010

Trendy Wedding card with Red Hydrangeas

Morning all!  It's been awhile since I've posted here... been feeling a bit under the weather of late and the clouds still haven't broken, if you know what I mean.  But this week it's my turn to set the challenge over at the One Stop Card Challenge and I've chosen the theme of PATTERNS.

I don't know about you, but I've been seeing houndstooth in particular... everywhere.
Shoes.  Handbags.  Skirts.  Pillows.  Laptops and composition books and pens.  It's all over the place.

So this week I chose trendy houndstooth as my pattern for a black, white and red wedding card:


Some detail:

Sentiment detail:

Materials Used on this Card:

Cardstock {Papertrey Ink} - kraft, {DCWV} - patterned cardstocks, {The Paper Studio} - black
Sentiment stamps {Papertrey Ink} - "WEDDING", {Clearly Wordsworth} - "hopes dreams and wishes"
Ink {Ranger Archival Black}

Fabric hydrangeas {Hobby Lobby floral stem}
Brads {Spare Parts}
Ornate key charm {craft supply}
Butterfly punch {Martha Stewart}
3mm rhinestone {Darice}
Butcher's twine


Have a fantastic Saturday!
--Kathryn

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVE the pop of red. You are right, I see the houndstooth everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my lovely friend hope your feeling better real soon, have left you a message on OSCC, please become my follower so we can keep in touch, I like your lovely cards & this is really trendy, Janet T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the splash of red - gorgeous card!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great challenge you came up with and I LOVE your card. It was my week off at OSCC, but I have a card to link up to the challenge anyway. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow who would have thought a card with butcher's twin would be so elegant. Very original design for a wedding card. Love it.
    Hugs & Blessings
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous!! I love colors and metal key you added :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This card is stunning!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. luv these colors and the red flowers are perfect...have a super week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card. Love how the red pops with the B&W.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous card! The colours are just wondeful together.

    Hope you're feeling a bit better :)

    .. btw, i'm your 200th follower - do I get a prize?? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This wedding card is beautiful. Anyway I have chosen you for the stylish blog award. To accept it you must visit my page and do what is required if you like. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails